Product Code : DP-01
Brand Name : DELHI PETROCHEMICALS
Price And Quantity
- Unit of Measure
| Diverse uses of Starch make it a very versatile product. Maize or Corn Starch is a typical cereal starch with distinctly low protein and ash contents. Its carbohydrate content of high purity makes it useful in several industries. |
Starch occurs in nature in many ways. Maize contains about 66% of starch, which can be separated from other ingredients by various processes such as steeping, grinding, purifying and drying. The physio-chemical and functional properties of starch exhibit a wide variation with slight change in the production parameters. One of the important properties is the viscosity of starch slurry. Normally, starch has near neutral PH. With an increase in the PH, viscosity of starch tends to increase, thus making it possible to have diverse uses. This is commonly known as High Viscosity Starch and is used in the textile industry for sizing.
Maize Starch exhibits all the properties of native starch with some special features such as non-foaming & non-thinning characteristics of boiling solution. Hence maize starch has a marginal effect on the efficiency in weaving and paper industry. Where high viscosity starch is used, it imparts higher tensile strength to the fibre and thus improves the sizing. The remarkable advantage over tapioca starch is short cooking time of less than an hour and uniform smoothness of paste. The foaming is low even at high pH. The starch deeply penetrates into the fibres making it an ideal choice for sizing and finishing.
Combined with resins, starch produces a permanent finish. Good binding capacity results in its use as a good filler and binder in tablets. It is also a vital additive for most of the adhesives due to these properties. In slurry, it provides body to food products. It also helps in retaining the viscosity of foods. Besides this, it is excellent filler in cosmetics by virtue of its smoothness in dry form. It also participates in Maillard's reaction in presence of proteins and thus gives the brown colour in bakery products.
| Specification |
| Parameters || Native/Industrial Grade || Pharma Grade || Food Grade |
| Appearence || White powder || White Powder || White Powder |
| Odour || Odourless || Odourless || Odourless |
| 10% AQ Slurry || 4.5-5.5 || 4.5-6 || 4.5-5.5 |
| Moisture || 13% max || 10% || 10%max |
| Max. starch on DB || 98%min || 98% || 98%min |
| Total Ash DB || 0.25%min || 0.15%max || Within limit |
| Cold water solubility || 0.4%max || 0.25%max || N.A. |
| protein content || 0.5-0.6% || N.A. || 0.3-0.4 |
| 1) By virtue of its Superior uniformity and stability of water solution, the use of starch is preferred to any other material for sizing, finishing and printing. It offers economy along with ease in filling the interstices of the weave. This provides the requisite strength and weight.|
2) A TEXTILE ENGINEER finds it suitable for all types of clothes and yarns as it offers a wide titration of parameters such as viscosity, binding strength and its compatibility with thermoplastic and thermosetting resins for a permanent finish and back filling. Moreover, starch has an added advantage of being washed away easily from the fabric.
3) Maize starch is one of the earliest excipients to be used for pharmaceutical dosage forms. Depending on the application, maize starch acts as a diluent, disintegrating agent or binder.
4) For a Householder the ubiquitous nature of starch does not go unnoticed due to its presence in food products such as ketchups, ice-creams, cakes, biscuits, chocolates, wafers and dry cell batteries, detergents, etc. Starch also finds itself useful in adhesives and gums. Ladies love the soft and silky feel of starch in talcum powder. Children enjoy the blasting sound of starch in the crackers. Starch also finds immense usage in paper industry to enhance bursting & tensile strength, elongation, fold endurance, pick resistance etc. Starch also improves the printability of paper by inhibiting ink penetration and forming a hard firm surface.
In 25/50 Kg HDPE bags with inner liner of LDPE, 1 MT Jumbo bag packing, 25 kg Kraft Multiply paper bags.
- Payment Terms
- Cash in Advance (CID), Cheque
- Delivery Time
- Sample Available
- Sample Policy
- Within a certain price range free samples are available
- Main Domestic Market
- All India